5 April 2012

The Vampire Genre

Hey hey!

Here is my Vampire book post as promised!

As you may or may not be aware I am unconditionally, one hundred percent in love with VAMPIRES!

My love for Vampires started with a world wide favourite series of books Twilight, I started reading them when I was 19 and instantly fell in love with the whole idea of vampires.  Edward Cullen, Bella Swan, Jacob Black!

Once I finished the Twilight series I did feel like there was a void in my life, sad but true, I had to find a new series of books and quickly!  Obviously I watched the films and am waiting very patiently for the 5th and final instalment... anyway back to books! 

My mum brought home a series by @rachelcaine called the Morganville Vampire series, at first I was a bit wary, could anything beat Twilight? - I have come to the conclusion that Twilight cannot be beaten BUT alternatives like Morganville are just as good, they put a different twist on the vampire theme and although I would say Morganville is for younger readers I still enjoy them and am again eagerly awaiting the next book! - I will even admit to falling in love with some of the Characters as I did in Twilight!

Another great series I have come across is the Zoey Redbird series by P C Cast, although it again is based around teenage vampires it is another great twist on the genre and also adds a bit of Greek mythology to it, I cannot recommend this series enough!

My favourite since Twilight however have to be the Sookie Stackhouse series a.k.a True Blood.  It is a huge relief to actually find a vampire themed book based on a character that is older than me! I will warn you though, lots and lots of sexy time is thrown into this book, so DO NOT let your Mum read it.

ANYWAY, Once I start to read the next instalments of  these books I will do a more thorough review on them, I currently have my nan ribberting in my ear about her TV not working so it is very hard to concentrate!

L.Ux

2 comments:

  1. I am a MASSIVE true blood fan! Been reading the books for years, and love the tv series too!

    If you want a good set of vampire themed books id definitely recommend The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice. Theyre the definitive of all the vampire genre and inspired the likes of Charlaine Harris - theyre quite old, but really well written, my favourites are Queen of the Damned, Blackwood Farm, and of course Interview With A Vampire. Check them out! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I defo will! thank for the recommendation! xx

    ReplyDelete