23 August 2012

GCSE Results

It's that time of year again, GCSE results are in and the news has said the amount of A's to C's have dropped.

I am so miffed at this, the government are constantly saying they are getting easier etc., but I don't think half of the government could even get C's!

I did my GCSE's in 2006 and got 1 A in English, 1 B in Drama, 6 C's in Maths, Science, Sociology, RE, Biology, Chemistry and Physics, another in English and 1 D in History (oops).

I was so happy with my grade, I am dyslexic so was really, really happy with these grades!

I got a new job in 2011 and I had to go to college for it, I already have A Levels in Business Studies but I had an opportunity to get a  higher qualification so thought why not.

I was shocked when I found out that because I had completed my GCSE's 5 years ago I would have to re take my Maths and English GCSE? what? re take? but I got an A and a C? Who cares if it was 5 years ago, what is the point of them if they suddenly become void?! I was so insulted! They put me in a class with people that hadn't got the grades and the tutor we had to refresh our memory wasn't even an English or Maths teacher...What a waste of my time!

I am still so shocked by this.  I complained to the college and was told it was something to do with government funding.  What will they think of next?!

So there you go, that is my reason as to maybe why people haven't bothered so hard this time round...  As if you do fail you can just re take them and if you do pass you have to take them again after 5 years as in the governments eyes they become void lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment