23 October 2013

No more NAILS!

Hey,

This is my first beauty post in forever, everyone knows how obsessed I am with nails and being on a tight budget is no fun when you LOVE having your nails done.

My nails are naturally long and whenever I get them done in a shop the nail technician always gets so excited when she realises they are real, without blowing my own trumpet louder than the Corrie tune I will admit my nails are the only bit about me I am happy with!  I love having long nails and one day when I have the time I will do a post on how I keep them so long and unbroken.

I am going away for a long weekend on Thursday with some friends and decided to give my nails a little make over.  I have neglected them for so long, I have been walking around with no coloured polish on for ages, tut tut.


As you can see they'd got ridiculously long and they did need a shape up.  You do get used to long nails but they do get in the way when you're trying to do things like cook!

I filed them right down today, I know it kind of defeats the object of having long nails but I find filing them right down every 2 to 3 months helps to keep them strong and every time they grow back quicker and healthier.


All gone!  Someone once said to me 'OMG, why do you have them rounded?' when my nails are shorter I do prefer a nice round edge, within a week I'll be able to square these off nicely though!

Today I didn't go for my usual shocking pink, China Glaze I went with the Barry M, Gelly Hi Shine in the pink shade. (I love pink)


I LOVE the Barry M Gelly collection, it's so easy to apply, dries quickly and if you're in a rush there is no need for a top coat!

Happy Wednesday everyone :-)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment