1 May 2014

BEDM | 'What is your blog all about?'

I guess you're probably wondering what BEDM stands for? well it stands for 'Blog Every Day in May' and it's a blogging challenge hosted by Elizabeth from rosalilium.com.  The challenge is (you guessed it) to blog every day about Elizabeth's chosen subject or theme.

This is going to need total dedication, concentration and discipline from me (hard work) I think if I do put the work in though I will reap the benefits and rewards as I feel it will boost my confidence in writing as well as get me some, even if it is little, exposure!


I have um and ah'd about some of the chosen topics... My walk to work? (HMS non worker here), Star Wars Day? All I know is May the 4th be with you and that Luke is Darth Vaders kid... Also the Sandwich post... I am kind of allergic to bread ha ha, I do feel like I have already fallen at the first hurdle... But I won't let my lack of knowledge or illnesses stop me from trying to attempt each post to the best of my ability...

Now for today's chosen topic, 'What is your blog all about?'

I always say The Lemon Unicorn is a life style blog.  Quite simply because it is just full of my random ramblings, mostly I talk about my life and the things that go on in it, I have Joint Hyper Mobility Syndrome and it has literally taken over everything I do, my normal hobbies, work, certain friends etc.  Ignorant people will Google it and be like 'oh you're double jointed?' and end it at that.  I wish it was as simple as that.

I like to get everything off of my chest in my blog, it is where I express everything and get rid of the tensions of my day.   so A lot of it is about my illness and how people react to me and how I go about my day, I never really intended it to ever be read by real people, it just helps me to get it all off of my chest.

Not a lot of people know that because of the collagen levels in your body being the way they are when you're a HMS sufferer it effects internal organs too! (ones that move they say but like what ones don't move?!!)

So I deal with digestive problems, unbearable periods, asthma, bad hearing, eyesight, the list goes on and on and on and on as well as constantly being in pain and having dislocating, loose limbs!  All of that causes my depression too and add never getting any sleep because of the pain, worrying and everything else and you've pretty much summed up my life.  BUT it's ok Google said I'm just double jointed so I should just become a gymnast or something, quit moaning and get on with it ay?

I do get fed up of the sound of my own voice and explaining it over and over again but its the only way to raise awareness.

It annoys me when people are like 'aren't you better yet?' NO IT'S INCURABLE, I AM TRYING TO MANAGE IT AND YOUR STUPIDITY AND IGNORANCE IS NOT HELPING!

Other than that I do, do the occasional beauty post... OCCASIONAL being the word as lets face it, right now I don't feel very beautiful and seeing as I am not entitled to any disability benefit as I can pick up an empty cardboard box I don't have much money to spend on looking pretty... Not that I would spend benefit money on makeup, I'm just saying I literally have no spare cash.

But I'm not here to moan, I'm here to express myself and raise awareness of what it is like to suffer with a somewhat invisible illness.

That sums up what my blog is all about.  The life of Lulu.

And that is me done for day one!

This post is associated with the blog challenge set by Elizabeth from rosalilium.com
'blog every day in May 2014'
 photo BLOGLOVIN_zps21a2f6a7.png
Like me on Facebook // Follow me on Twitter // Follow me on Instagram

2 comments:

  1. I think a lot of people will be struggling with some of the subjects. I know I will, but I will find something else to blog about on those days . Sorry to hear you are suffering with HMS, My brother also suffers with this. I think if people do not know of the condition and just do a Google search heading for the top post on it they will never have a clue. A bit of research on a site dedicated to HMS will give everyone an true insight of what it's like. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, I am however trying my hardest to stick with the rota so to speak :)

      Delete