18 November 2012

Swimming with dolphins

Back in 2010 on September the 1st I got granted one of my wishes, to swim with Dolphins!

I was in the Canary Islands and was picked out of the audience of a dolphin show, it was the most amazing experience ever and I want to do it again.  I don't think anyone could ever be so lucky as to experience it like I did though and for free too!

I see you could have your picture taken with them before the show started and begged my boyfriend to let me get a photo, he let me and also got one himself :) The woman said the dolphin was really calm with me and I was a natural with them and asked if I wanted to be in the show, erm YES!

Joey didn't get a very good picture of me whilst I was swimming with them but I have included the pictures we had with them before hand and some of the best of the worst :)

It would be so much better to swim with them in the wild but the ones I swam with where well looked after and all having the time of their lives where they lived so I didn't feel awful for them being in captivity.

Don't get me started on poor old Free Willy and his untimely death, I will blubber...

Excuse how skinny I look this is when I had a METABOLISM lol. I couldn't find the copy of Joey and the dolphin :( this is a snap taken of the printed photo! 
I was made to hold on to a body board for This bit and the dolphin pushed us around the tank, it was amazing how strong it was!
Here is me looking frantically into the audience hoping Joey was taking pictures lol! 
Two of the dolphins came to say hello :)
Such a great show, I wasn't really watching I was full of beans and buzzing with happiness about what I had just experienced!

I have also included some photos of the wild dolphins I see in the Red Sea in Egypt this year, It really made my holiday!

Me and my friend Jasmine snorkeling!
Just about caught these 2 with the camera!
This is myself and Joey #raybans
Left to right; Joey, Myself, Shaun and Jasmine
In a row just like in the Little Mermaid, I am singing 'Part of your world' as I type

and the last ok-ish shot!
what an amazing animal dolphins are :)
x

No comments:

Post a Comment