6 March 2014

Catch Up | February 2014

Sorry, no Lemon Unicorn posts again for a while, life took over! (again)

But for now a quick update for late February early March :)

When doing a post like this, I use my iPad and phones picture collection to jog my memory, is that cheating?

What's been going on with me?

Well after my spectacularly gorgeous time in Egypt I came back to this.

What a bang down to earth!

On a another negative note, a few idiotic people decided to openly judge me again for not having a job, well I say few people, by that I mean just one person in particular. One person that should know better… No matter how many times this has happened since I got ill it still hurts.

I want nothing more than to be able to work full time again, to have my independence back. I have to keep reminding myself that I am the better person. That I AM taking the steps towards getting my life back and that I don’t judge people or situations out of ignorance and stupidity like them, they are just idiots…

IF that certain, judgmental, oblivious moron put as much effort into finding out how I was instead of discriminating against me through ignorant assumptions then maybe they’d know about my recent hospital appointments and everything else that has been going on.

They tried me on cognitive behavioral therapy for I think was 10 weeks, it was so intense but I think I have got a little more confident because of it.

My hip and knee are regularly giving way now without any warning so I have developed a fear of leaving the house on my own. The CBT was basically to help me get over this fear, for example if I fall, I fall etc. It was also to help me get over all of the negativity I am getting from the people that don’t understand.

This seemed to have worked for a while; I managed to go down to the local shops on my own a few times since the therapy had started. However my knee went so badly late February that it knocked my confidence again. I was with Joey thankfully but I was a mess, he had to carry me home in the rain. Not only was it embarrassing but it just got rid of any confidence I had built.

I managed to get quite far hobbling but I just couldn't hack the hill. 2 days of bed rest and a bandaged up knee and I could just about walk around again. I haven’t been out alone again since though.

Ironically 2 days before my knee went I had been to see a new doctor about Chronic Pain Management. This is what the Physio Therapist had recommended as well as the CBT Practitioner. So far all I've had in regards to CPM is an assessment which concluded I needed urgent attention. I could have told you that… but at last, I felt like I was getting somewhere.

HOWEVER the stupid hospital hasn't called back. The letter said I had to wait until the 11th of March to hear from them and if I didn't go back to my GP. I am getting more and more disheartened. As it is the 6th of March now I am not holding my breath and can predict that my GP will be getting another visit soon.

What a waste of NHS time and money is that? – Now there is something for the judgemental people to focus on. A real issue that you can do something about!

It was Joey’s Dad’s 60th birthday and we went out for a meal for that late February.

This Monday was my friend Cheryl’s 25th birthday too and we went to Nando’s for that, I actually think I have a little bit of an addiction… Cheryl has been a real rock these last few months, it's so refreshing to have a friend like her to depend on, so thank you gorg!

Not much else to report on, hopefully my next catch up post will be more positive!

I did mention in an older post that I was working on some other posts, I wasn't lying, honest! – They are just taking a while…

All the best,


L.U.x

No comments:

Post a Comment