13 September 2014

Up North it's Better

This is just a quick post that will sum up why I prefer it up North to London so far.

Within the first week I had a new GP at a surgery that is basically over the road from me.  She was lovely.  In London 9 times out of 10 I would come out of an appointment feeling worse or just wishing the doctor had actually listened.  This GP ticked every box for GREAT during my appointment and when you've got a long term condition a doctor like this is gold dust.

The doctor surgery can do blood tests there and then, no more pointless journeys and then hours of queing at the hospital for me, just so I can go and have a blood test which might I add is close to number one, if not number one on my list of phobias.

They also do other things there and then like contraceptive injections and smear tests.  Sorry to just throw it in here but I thought I would seeing as it's #nofeargosmear month and I have recently been called up for my first one.  Now I know I don't have to travel the earth to get something that is dreaded by everyone done.  I can just go over the road and  my requested GP will do it instead of someone I don't know/trust.

I can also get my repeat prescriptions online! a proper novelty for an ex Londoner.  Also I can book all of my appointments online.  So much of the stress behind even booking a GP appointment has been taken away.  The relief these simple changes have on me is almost a new type of treatment for my condition in itself! CALM AS A CUCUMBER!

I could go on and on about the NHS here as it is a big factor as to why I like it so much more but obviously not everyone is a medical disaster like me.

I also cannot get enough of one of the local takeaways.  I never even ate fish until I tried it here.  AMAZING.  My new Friday night kebab is now Cod and Chips!

Whale and Chips

I just can't get over how much more cheaper everything is here.

 photo BLOGLOVIN_zps21a2f6a7.png
Like me on Facebook // Follow me on Twitter // Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment