4 January 2013

2012 July - Sept

July - In July I discovered 50 Shades of Grey.  I love to read books and it was great to break away from the Vampire genre.  I'm sure you all know what it's all about!

Eventually my appointment with the Rheumatology department came along.  I had to prance around in my underwear in front of a doctor, bending this way, bending that way, stretching up, stretching down.  I was super happy that I still had a sun tan but kicking myself for wearing green knickers and a red bra lol.  I don't even know why this thought crossed my mind... I guess I don't prance around in my underwear in front of strange men that often.

I was diagnosed with Joint Hyper Mobility Syndrome, this explained all the weird aches and pains, my IBS, headaches, asthma and even my depression as well as a million and one other things.  I was really happy I had finally got a diagnosis but after learning the ignorance people get towards it as a sufferer I felt really crappy.

My Mum held back some of the horrible facts from me but I ended up finding them out.  Difficulty having babies, sometimes it leaving you wheel chair bound or worse harming the baby as you cannot carry it for the full term.  This hit me the hardest as my dream ever since I can remember was to have my own little family.  I wish I was one of the sufferers that never experienced pain and could just laugh about the fact they were double jointed and could dislocate their joints at ease for a party trick but I wasn't.  He put me on the list for an ultra sound scan and I was left waiting for a new appointment.

Later into July I got my Contraceptive Implant removed from my arm.  The doctors said this could be the cause of all my pains.  I was willing to believe anything so got it out and omg it got stuck and she had to stitch me up because she had to slice me more than normal. Why me?! I have a totally weird scar now lol.

August - August came and went, I was still in pain and no where near finding any sort of pain relief.  Of course with all the pain and sleepless nights I was still out of work.  I was referred to physio and because my GP swore that it was the only thing that would help my HMS I did it.  Writing this now in January 2013 I am still looking for just a light bit of pain relief.  I can't help but feel let down by the NHS.  I know they can't cure something incurable but they could give me just a little bit of support.  I had been out of work at this point well over 6 months and still not entitled to any help.  I'd lost my home because of a lack of money.  I'm not expecting something for nothing but I see people on Jeremy Kyle every day doped up to their ears in drugs and yet myself, a perfectly respectable human with a genuine medical condition is ignored.  Why did I bother working for so long to pay my taxes before I got ill, why did my Mum? why did my Mum's mum? it makes me sick.

I also completely lost track of June.  For some reason I thought I was God Mother to my Dad's, wife's, daughters, son in August so excuse the late picture!


my first night out since May was in August too.  It was only the Slug and Lettuce for my friends now ex boyfriend but it had been a while so I was happy I still had sun kissed skin from Egypt and was also secretly glad the venue had seats!  I had just had all my hair cut off so was feeling really happy in my looks for once in my life!




No comments:

Post a Comment