23 January 2013

Food and weight

Hey

So I have been racking my brains for ideas of blog posts I could do every week and have decided to trial a 'My week in food' idea.

The aim is to basically show you what my favourite meals of the week has been. Doesn't sound to fantastic but bear with me, keep reading ;)

I am not quite sure how this is going to work as my eating habits right now are terrible, I am a fast food junkie and am also really lazy, well no, I am not lazy with food, I will rephrase that, I just don't have the money or space to cook my own food.  Cooking is one of my biggest passions I LOVE experimenting in the kitchen but since moving back with my Mum I have grown back into her bad habits of ready meals lol (blaming my mum) My mum is very proud of her kitchen too so I don't really like to go in and make the slightest bit of mess, it doesn't end well trust me....

Obviously I don't spend all my time at my mums as at the weekend and I am at my boyfriends house, in regards to food round there if it's not something his mum has rustled up it's most probably a kebab from the local kebab house, terrible I know but ahh! One of my most popular posts from the past was one on my weight,  all my life until I hit about 20 I had the highest metabolism in the world, I ate like a pig but looked like I hadn't eaten for weeks.  Actually it was really funny the other day as Joe and I were looking at wedding photos from his Mum's wedding back in 2008, (I was 18) I look so ill but my lips were really big ha, ha think Mick Jagger meets Essex! I just had not grown into them lol. (Sorry getting side tracked... back to the post)  But yes, until I hit 20 I could eat anything then suddenly I started to put on weight, it was really quick and my mum panicked. 'Are you pregnant?' NO MUM! must have been asked and answered about a million times but I had got a little belly and I even had boobs, so it could have been a reason but it wasn't lol, My metabolism had just lost it's fight and I was amazed lol.  To be fair I didn't even get my first sign of cleavage until I was 15 years old and as excited as I was at the time I look back and crease up as it was more like pancakes over flapping, but hey! lol.

Where I am trying to get to without any more cringe worthy revelations of my past is that now I do have to battle with food and watch what I eat, It's hard work and I am almost 23 and still haven't got out of the habit of eating, eating, eating, It's a hard habit of a lifetime to break!

When I had my own flat I would cook every night, mainly because my boyfriend can't but I enjoyed it so, so much.  On days I was at work I would use the slow cooker, they are pretty amazing inventions don't you think?

If I do cook anything for myself I am sure to write down all the recipe, cooking prep with photos for you to read in my weekly post etc but no promises as this doesn't happen very often ;)

So yeah back to the post, I just thought food posts was a great idea as it is something I am passionate about and it is something I do every day soooo I'll always have something to show for it :)

I may do weigh ins too, I don't know what I want to achieve with this maybe I'll realise how much rubbish I eat and stop, maybe I won't lol.

I will end this post with a picture of my new favourite restaurant, we went there a few weeks ago for Joey's 23rd birthday, Dean's Diner in Braintree, Essex



I have been a total dope and deleted the photo of our food :( it is an American style diner, with all the typical diner food, everything minus the roller skates!

I am totally gutted I deleted the picture off my blackberry, all the food is served up in baskets and I cannot wait to go again, I had the hot dog with chilli, wet cheese and fries, mmmmmmmm MUNCH!

Here's a link to their website, there are a few branches plotted around [DEAN'S DINER]


Until next week, happy eating :)

x

3 comments:

  1. I was similar till I was hit with Fibro! And I eat way too much junk. Or I used to.. Now I take Skinny Sprinkles and have cut back but when I do snack.its on healthier things like go bars and we've cut out most takeaways! Lost a stone so far :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was similar till I was hit with Fibro! And I eat way too much junk. Or I used to.. Now I take Skinny Sprinkles and have cut back but when I do snack.its on healthier things like go bars and we've cut out most takeaways! Lost a stone so far :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww :) my mum was convinced all my aches and pains where because of my 2 stone weight gain and not my HMS! I was only 6 stone though... hmm! I got good news today they are finally chasing up my missing scan results so now I feel like a cheese burger dohhh lol, must fight the urgeeeeeee! I really want to try out a Graze box! x

      Delete