14 July 2014

The Death of my Best Friend

Some will understand, some won't.

I have lost close family members before, it broke my heart but it felt nothing like this.

The fact we didn't know he was going to die, the fact it was so sudden and the fact we never got be be with him when he went makes it hurt so much more.

We didn't even know he had cancer, we thought it was a liver infection, but cancer? we didn't ever consider cancer.

The fact he couldn't tell anyone what was hurting gets to me the most.

Even though he had, had cancer without us knowing for so, so long he was still so happy, friendly, loving and as caring as the day we first met.

I started this post off with, 'Some will understand, some won't' and this is because the best friend I lost was a dog.

I now completely understand the saying a dog is a mans best friend.

Every time I hear a dog bark I think it's him.  I miss him flapping his ears about, his claws tap, tap, tapping on the floor, his little licks.

Although I am sad you are no longer with us, I am happy you're no longer in pain.  I know you're just a dog but the way you soldiered on as if nothing was wrong for so long is an inspiration to me.  You're the bravest and most dearest friend I have.  Although you were 'just a dog' you didn't deserve it all to end like this and I will never, ever stop loving you.  You are as good to me a friend as any human.  Sleep well Chewi.  I love you. 

xXx

 photo BLOGLOVIN_zps21a2f6a7.png
Like me on Facebook // Follow me on Twitter // Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment