8 May 2014

BEDM | Highams Park

I have lived in or very near Highams Park my whole life.

It is a very little town almost village in East London and is surrounded by Epping Forest, there is a beautiful man made lake in it and for a little while I had a flat right next to it, it was beautiful sometimes as I lay in bed I could hear woodpeckers.

When I was about 3 I fell into the lake... It was a few days before Christmas so snowy and icy and well, my Mum rescued me (just), her first attempt of grabbing me resulted in her just pulling my welly off, 2nd was me, I can remember being so scared as I couldn't swim and it was COLD, thank God for the 90's puffer jacket!


In 1999 I moved to Woodford Green which is a stone throw away from Highams Park so I have never really been away from it even when I lived there.


I went to play school, nursery, primary school, secondary school and college there as well as having my longest work contract at a local business there. I was an HR Administrator.


It was nice working so close to home but I think after having my full education there and working there I just felt a bit trapped and like everyone knew my business.


It's a lovely place but I'd love to move away from it now that I am approaching my late twenties.


This post is associated with the blog challenge set by Elizabeth from rosalilium.com
'blog every day in May 2014'
 photo BLOGLOVIN_zps21a2f6a7.png
Like me on Facebook // Follow me on Twitter // Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment